Monday, May 14, 2012

I plan but Jesus Guides my steps


This morning in my morning devotion God spoke something very interesting into my life. I have always been a person who needs a plan for my future. Like where ill be living, what I will be doing for work and what I will be doing for school. When I graduated High school I planned on going to School in Boston but also planned a backup to attend Hillsborough community college. I in turn ended going to school at Hillsborough community college. Then after I received by AA degree I planned on going to Boston for my BA but set up a back up plan to attend USF incase my finances would fall through. It turned out I spent 2 years at USF to get my BA in history.
            The verse I read this morning was from the Charles Stanley bible. The verse was Proverbs 16:9; which reads, “The mind of man plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.” God spoke to me from this verse. I have always planned my future. If any of you know me I have my next 5/10/15 years planned on with things I plan on doing in turn to my life. I always have these times planned in my mind. Here’s the key to this, I plan out my future but gave my future into the Hands of Jesus Christ. I told him that I trusted him and would God where he wanted me like he said to Abraham in Genesis. I would go where he wants me.
            I love when Jesus talks to me daily. He takes care of me and blesses me all day from the moment I wake in the morning to the end of my day. I pray that you take time through out the day to spend time to get to know Jesus so you can allow him to speak into your life. There is no greater feeling in life than one, which you get to have when you Jesus speak into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment