Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ireland 2014 Adventure: Day 1 Wheaton, Il

So the Journey has begun. I have just completed my 1st day of orientation with TEAM here in Wheaton Illinois and loving every moment of it. Staying in the apartments they provide here, I have been placed with a roommate from Knoxville, Tn who is going to a horse ranch in Baja California Mexico to help at the ranch there. Just having this guy by the name of Nick has been very encouraging. The main way he has been encouraging occurred so far last night. We started talking about theology when the discussion of Predestination and free will came up (David Or does this sound familiar) when he spoke from a normal American perspective where God is all knowing but allows us to choose. I made the point that if we believe that God is all knowing (which I do) then God knows every decision we will make and free will is in the present moment we believe the actions we take are fully from our own decision and not and outside force. I believe completely in the Sovereignty of God and how he makes everything work out for God. This one situation made me really appreciate Dallas Theological Seminary and how they have been training and developing me. I especially have to thank Dr. Horrell for teaching me thoroughly about the Doctrine of the Trinity and my Friend Rob Scarbro for beginning the year long discussion into this idea of Gods sovereignty which is mentioned often but rarely mentioned solely.
            I am becoming more and more excited to see how God is going to use me and mold me this next summer. My prayer this summer is to depend on God more each and every day and allow Him to lead me and guide me to the people I am to meet with.
Also, I am thankful for my Church in Dallas, Northwest Bible Church, for their last 2 years support and for the children’s ministry for sending me out. I cant thank you enough. Also, I am very thankful for the very special person Go
d has blessed me with this past few months.
Thank you
----------------
Prayer Requests


For the People of Swords Ireland, Swords Baptist Church, For me to become culturally sensitive to the Irish culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment